Last week I shared my recipe for Bacon, Onion & Spinach Naan pizza, and it’s gotten a ton of comments and shares online – which I totally love! It’s such a yummy recipe, I’m glad people are checking it out.
But one thing that surprised me was how many readers said they never thought of using Naan bread for pizza crust…..I thought it was pretty common. I LOVE using Naan for a bunch of reasons:
- It’s great way to use up leftovers – any cooked meat can probably be turned into a delicious Naan pizza topping.
- Individual servings make it more practical for single people. I never used to order pizzas when I lived alone because even a medium pizza was too much and I ended up throwing half of it out.
- It’s cheaper than take out
- Individual pizzas mean you can customize for each person’s taste. Now that I live with someone, I sometimes make 2 different kinds depending on what each of us is in the mood for.
- All you have to do is crisp up the bread and melt the cheese, so it’s an almost effortless weeknight dinner. It barely qualifies as a “recipe”.
This BBQ Chicken Pizza is in pretty regular rotation at our house. You can use whatever kind of BBQ sauce you like best, but I’m loyal to the original Sensuous Slathering sauce from the Dinosaur BBQ, which a restaurant chain that began in Syracuse as a small take out counter and has now expanded into several major cities.
If you aren’t lucky enough to have a restaurant or grocery store that carries it in your area, the good folks at the Dino will ship sauce right to your door. 🙂
What’s your favorite go-to BBQ sauce?
I’m linking this project up at some terrific blog parties – you can find my complete list of places I party HERE.